Monday, November 21, 2005

I survived two thanksgiving meals!

Wow yesterday was a wonderful time of worship and food. The morning service was tremendous followed by a fellowship hall completely filled with folks enjoying a meal together. But that's not all. We also were able to go to the Wiggins church in the evening for more worship and even more food.

The thing I have been thinking about this morning is that Thanksgiving is supposed to be a celebration. In scripture God always invites others to join in the celebration. He has prepared a table and is wanting folks to come and join Him.

You know what - I hate to eat alone. Maybe I'm weird - ok there's no maybe to it, but I really dread having to stop at fast food places when I'm traveling by myself. What do you do when you're by yourself. Sit there, eat and stare at everybody else. I always try to take something in with me to read or write on so that I at least look like I've meant to be alone and have lots of important things to do. I wish! Sometimes I'll even take it to go and just sit in the parking lot in my car eating rather than sitting by myself in the restaurant. Eating alone is no fun!

As I think about my community, I know there are lots of folks who "eat" alone. Loneliness pervades their lives. As a believer in Jesus Christ who has been accepted into a loving community and has experienced a love like no other, I am supposed to be going out and loving those folks by serving them and inviting them into the community.

This Thanksgiving look around you and see if there is somebody eating alone. They don't like it anymore than you do.

trying to grow
Trent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home