Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Does Persecution = Christmas Joy?

I have been asking myself that this morning. I just read a news article about a young Pakistani girl who was beaten and placed in forced labor just because she claimed that she was a Christian and lived in a Muslim community. (makes me laugh at those who say that the Muslim religion is a peaceful religion - yeah right) This young girl named Azra and her mother were both placed in forced labor at a brick kiln. Azra's mother was eventially beaten and murdered because of her faith. Thankfully a very brave local Christian pastor intervened with the help of believers in the US. Azra has been purchased out of slavery and is being provided for and encouraged in her faith.

As we approach Christmas day, I can't help but think that Azra may look a lot like Mary. Both endured terrible hardship because of their belief and obedience to God. I would imagine that Azra could teach me a thing or two about having a strong faith. I would also imagine that she will rejoice more in remembering Christmas than I or anyone in my church.

Why is it that those who have received much - rejoice little?
Father forgive me, I am spoiled rotten and take it all for granted so many times.
Please bless Azra and so many others like her who are living out their faith in Jesus in a very dangerous place.

Christmas means more
Ty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home