Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Man stuff!


Hey its fall and so we have to talk about man stuff! You know hunting, football, eating so much thanksgiving that you have to unbutton your pants in order to comfortably snooze on the couch while watching football. AAAHHH thats the life!

I've recently been reading a book called Why Men Hate Church. It is really making me think. Some of it has confirmed what I had thought for a while. Other parts really catch me off guard. Men are absolutely important to a healthy church. They are also absolutely essential to a healthy family. I know there are some ladies that would dissagree with me on that, but I have seen enough children and adults who are struggling to know that both a mom and a dad are needed for healthy kids.

So anyway back to Man Church. I heard of one church that redecorated their foyer like a mountain cabin and parked a harley inside. I'm not sure I could get away with that. Cool thought though! I wonder if my Honda Sabre 1100 would work? Guys need guy stuff and guy time. We are not women - and women you had better be praising God for that. We are different and enjoy different things. We want to be challenged and be outdoors. Women want to be comforted and heard mostly indoors. I know that is an oversimplification - but hopefully you get the idea.

So Lee Roubideaux and I are planning a Man trip - We are going to take a bunch of clothing to needy folks in Mission SouthDakota. We are going to invite 2 or 3 other guys to go who can take off for a couple of days. We will eat unhealthy food, make noises, laugh, serve and spur one another on to good deeds. Cool huh?

Hey another thing that used to be a man thing but now has gotten Men and Women into bad spots is the craving for a new car. So many will shackle themselves with payments of several hundred dollars this holiday season. But hey make up your own mind. Watch this video. http://www.daveramsey.com/etc/lms/drive_free/player.cfm

Just spurrin you on to good deeds
Trent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home