Friday, November 03, 2006

Wow - consecutive days! No way! WAY! I am continuing to think about worship and the how of worship as I prepare for Sunday morning. Philippians 2:10 says that at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord. I don't have my Bible in front of me but I believe that is what it says. Please check and read it to make sure.

The idea is that every knee will bow. How long has it been since you bowed? Been a while for me. You know yesterday I was lamenting the fact that we sing songs about bowing but rarely do. That still bothers me. I know that some will say I can't get down on my knees. That's my thought. I had knee surgery when I was much younger - Not that I'm old now. So when I am on my knees it hurts. But I am amazed when I see pictures of old old people bowing down on their knees in other countries. I have experienced this first hand in Guatemala and India. How is that they can bow and we Americans can not?

I recognize that there are health issues. But honestly I believe that more of our problems and for sure my problems come from a heart problem not a knee problem.

Some will say and have said recently "I am worried about what others will think." Well lets think about that response. Who is the focus of our attention supposed to be on? God the Father -Jesus the Son and Holy Spirit the Comforter. If I focus on what they will think - I don't have to worry about what people in my church think. I'll always be right.

Anyway, keep thinking about this and reading your sword!

Trent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home