Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I lost it somewhere along the way!


Have you ever had the experience of starting the day off great. Praying, worshipping and reading God's word. Things go great for a while - THEN BAM - someone does something or something happens and your whole day seems shot in the foot and you're the kicker.

That has been sort of my day. I started off so well but then had to deal with a disreputable business man and a misbehaving child. All of the sudden it was like I dropped my Christian somewhere along the way. I was driving home for lunch and my attitude stunk. Just a couple of hours before it was so great.

God reminded me on the way home and I think I was able (or more accurately He was able) to salvage the day.
He led me to
I Thessalonians 5:16-18

16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Be joyful always - yeah right!? No I really think He means it. Tell God you're mad and then look for things to be thankful for. We are all the time praying for God to show us His will. Tada! Here it is - no looking required.

It's amazing how such little things can totally derail my day sometimes. My Joy and my Peace get burned up in a momentary blowup! I think that is why we are to pray continually. I need outside perspective all the time because my blinders start closing in and I begin to think its all about me and everyone is attacking me and woe is poor little me - WAAAAAAAAAAA
Oh for cryin out loud - suck it up! No not everyone is out to get me or ruin my day. Its just that I have let myself lose perspective.

When someone cuts a whole in your pocket and your joy drops on the ground - pick it up blow it off and smile again.

dealin with life
Trent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home