Monday, November 06, 2006

Reflections after a great day!

Ok, now this is getting out of hand. I mean really - my actually writing and keeping this thing up to date is crazy!

Well I needed to write and put down more thoughts about worship. First of all yesterday was a blast. Thanks to all for the encouragement. This has been a great series for me and Ed has said the same. I appreciate Ed so much. It just wouldn't be as fun without him.
I also appreciated the great discussion last night as we began our series on A life God Rewards. A couple of great questions were asked. One that I have thought about over night and responded to is that God is no respecter of persons. One of our great folks asked about that verse in relation to reward in heaven. I had to look it up and I wanted to share my thoughts here.

First the verse mentioned is in Acts 10:34 Peter is visiting with Cornelius who is a Gentile Centurion. Just prior to this meeting God had given Peter a great vision and now was backing it up with this meeting. The point of the vision and the meeting was that God was no respector of persons when it comes to His gospel of salvation. The good news is for everyone, not just Jews. Personally I really appreciate that! So the phrase "God is no respector of persons" is a comment on evangelism. I think we would be taking it out of context to apply the same phrase entirely to reward in heaven. The idea is that God rewards the works of believers in heaven. -- here me though - not with heaven. Understand? Heaven isn't the reward, because we can't do enough to earn salvation. It is a gift of mercy and love from God the Father paid for with the blood of Jesus. But the reward is for believers and it is something you get in heaven.

Now just because you were a wealthy respected person who is a believer, that doesn't mean that you will receive more reward in heaven. NO. Scripture says that our reward is based on our "works." But what will we do with that reward. Bless Jesus with it! Is this a new principle? NO. Its the same idea for us now. When God blesses us aren't we to give the glory back to God by using what He gives us to bless the name of Jesus?

Ok I'm rambling.

New thought.

Sunday nights when I get home - I'm usually wiped out. But I am also wound up. So usually I don't go so sleep very early. So last night I was thinking as I was trying to go to sleep. I was thanking God for a good day and asking "what next?" God reminded me that I need to be doing personal worship alone with Him and then He would show me. This is a reminder for all of us. Romans 12:2 says that personal worship will allow us to know God's will. SOOOOOOO the point is Corporate worship is wonderful and refreshing but it can't take the place of private personal worship. So worship this whole week and come prepared for Sunday. We'll see what's next.

Love ya'll
Trent



1 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Trent! Good post... interesting thoughts. I think I'll add you to my blog list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home