Monday, November 13, 2006

Monday morning blahs or aaaahhhs


Ok its Monday morning here at FSBC. I have to confess that many pastors really hate Monday mornings. I'm not sure why exactly but Monday jokes go around almost as much as deacon jokes in Pastor circles.

Maybe you too hate Mondays. Do you have the blahs or the aaaahhs? Again its a decision.

We've been talking a lot about worship and the whole Monday thing goes back to worship. Yesterday I told our folks to do what scripture says to enter His gates with thanksgiving in your heart. (That is not talking about a high cholesterol condition either). Last night in our study I asked everyone what they would be thankful for at 9am on Monday morning. So you have to answer that question. What are you thankful for on Monday morning?

I am very thankful for a warm home to wake up in. I am thankful for food for breakfast. I am thankful for my loving family that gives me hugs in the mornings. I am thankful for a car to get me to work (actually a really big 4x4 pickup -man grunt). I am also very thankful for my church and the fact that they allow me to serve the Lord here in their midst.

I am blessed! There's more I could add to my list but don't have time or space here.

So in the morning when you wake up - take a few moments even before you get up to think of what you are thankful for. Then do the Daily Review! The What? Every morning when Dana and I are getting ready - we talk about what is going on that day. Its our way of making sure the bases are covered. God taught me a lesson that He wanted to have that same kind of time too. So after you have been thankful, talk to God about you upcoming day. What is coming up. What are you worried about? What are you excited about? What are you needing guidance in?
Then get up and read from your bible - you'll be amazed at what He shows you!

Then take a moment throughout the day to be thankful.

God help me make this day sacred - devoted to you in everything.

Choose the AAAAHHHSS !

Help me do the same God

1 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Trent! Hows the Young's doing in beautiful Colorado? I think about yall often. I love you guys!

Tammy Ladd

http://www.myspace.com/Give_God_Praise_Everyday

 

Post a Comment

<< Home