Friday, December 22, 2006

Digging out after being snowed under


Today was spent digging out after a massive snowstorm here in Northern Colorado. We had at least 16 inches here in Yuma. I am so sore. I think I may be out of shape - just a little. I am so thankful for those who helped get all the snow away from the church today and allowing us to get ready for Sunday Christmas eve.

I know that many folks are feeling snowed under as we approach Christmas. I'm not talking about snow but stress and all the things like bills, parties, gifts, family etc that bring stress. We've been talking about not letting the Grinch steal your christmas joy. Make sure and take the advice of some of the songs we sing at Christmas. Silent night should remind you to take some quiet time alone to regroup. Spend time alone being thankful and worshipful. Remember you are so blessed. Many songs talk of rejoicing. Well make sure you do that - rejoice - joice again. Ha Have Joy. The angels came with good news of GREAT JOY.
Lastly laugh at stuff.
Yesterday when I was trying to go out in the storm I got all dressed in layers and spent the day trying to help folks dig out. Later that day while taking a bathroom break I realized that I had my long johns on backwards. Needless to say It was difficult to take a bathroom break. I just stood there and laughed.
You can laugh at me or laugh at your own family. Whatever just laugh - find those little things to bring you joy. Also I pray that your joy will encourage others and even cause some to have curiosity and want that joy too.
God bless you and Merry Jesus Birthday!
Christmas = Christ the messiah who is Jesus, and mas or worship
so worship Jesus and celebrate Christmas.

Trent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home