Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Continuing the thought?


Yes we have more to talk about in this verse (John 15:5). Yesterday we began looking at this verse because it is my families memory verse for the week. So thanks for joining in with us.
I think that it is very important to check out the fact that God puts us in our place with this verse.
Jesus said He was the vine or the source and we are the branches. You see we are not the source. We are not the vine. We don't need any disciples of Trent running around cause they won't have any real life if they are attached to me. They need to be attached to Jesus. So its important that we are pointing people to Jesus not ourselves.

I need to be more attached to Him. He is God and I am not.
He is my source for life and all the fruit of the Spirit. So when folks give me pats on the back - I need to point to Jesus. Glorify Him!

Swingin for the top deck
Trent

1 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Trent!

This is one of my favorite verses. Thanks for the reminder! Always good to hear a word from you.

Cindy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home