Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Gym, Field, locker room as Worship Venue?



This past month we've been caught up in Play off Fever for our boys and girls basketball teams. Its been great fun and exciting to watch these talented young people. I'm proud of them all. Unfortunately both teams were knocked out last week. I'm sad for them. They worked very hard this year.


In years past I have coached teams (mostly in softball and baseball). Its a tough job. I've never ref'd a game thank the Lord! Both coaching and refereeing a game are tough. I don't envee either one.


Over the past weeks as I've been doing my best to keep my mouth from getting me in trouble at the games, I've been struck by the fact that Parents and adult spectators are the ones that make the game hard to deal with. We throw fits about all kinds of things --- but--- I've never seen any parents using that kind of fervor to pray for their kids! This really shows what our priorities are as parents. We want them to be succesful but not have character. We want them to win but not know how to act like an adult if they don't - - oh wait I just got it! We as adults don't act like adults so we really don't know that we want our kids to act differently.
I have to admit I can be the worst, so know that I am preaching at myself but if others catch this great!
What would it be like to spend the time during warm up at a basketball game or between innings at a baseball game or between events at a track meet - just praying for God to protect the kids and to make Himself real to them. It would probably be good to pray for yourself and your witness too.! Try it the next time you go to a kids game! I think you'll be amazed!
Be the Light - not a dying candle but a bright spotlight!
Love ya'll
Trent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home